Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day - part I

It's Valentine's Day!  Now, can I get some sleep?  It is quarter to 1 in the morning, and I have finally finished getting as prepared as I can be for the big day.  Cookies made.  Valentines created and addressed.  Cards signed.  Flowers chilling.  Not to mention, garbage put by the curb.  Dishes in the dishwasher.  Children tucked in.  Kitchen cleaned.  Groceries put away.  Crock pot dish stirred and placed on low.  Tomorrow's lunch for the boy made.   My feet hurt, and for a moment, I wondered why.  This is life.  This is what Valentine's Day evolves into.  Instead of wondering which short, tight little number I will be squeezing into tomorrow night, I will be wearing warm leggings and a sweater as I gaze into the mirror at the traitorous grays sneaking in and the deep lines etching their way deeper and deeper into my forehead.  But, I will also wake up to a loving husband and two small impish children who think I hang the moon.  Yeah, I have a lot to be grateful for tonight, hurting feet and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment